Who is Karen?
You may want to know who I am and what I why I started this blog.
- Addicted to Buying Stuff Online
- Constantly on the lookout for Smelly Socks (which she finds between the sofa cushions, behind the TV, and on the front lawn)
- A Pathological Planner and Relentless Researcher
- Mother of 3 Wild, Funny and Very Smart Children
When I suddenly found myself alone with three children and not much money to spend, I soon realised the power of good research to save big bucks online.
Things were different when I was still married. We had a good double income and there were no worries.
But things don’t always go according to plan, and some of us need to start all over again.
Confronted with having to manage the household on my own I was soon overwhelmed by the demands of keeping track of the expenses of a large family.
In no time at all I had accrued an ever growing pile of credit card debt.
I realised I had to do something about the way we were spending money.
I had to make smart choices about how to organize my new, much smaller home, and how to get through the day without a partner by my side.
I started reading books by strong women and by following advice that I found online and on TV. I got in touch with many others that found themselves in a similar situation.
From Credit Card Debt to Saving Up For Christmas.
With our first Christmas without their dad coming up I was determined to make ends meet and even put some money aside for the children’s Christmas gifts.
Whenever I have to make a buying decision I now spent hours scouring the internet for the best products and best deals.
I soon realised that with this approach I was able to feed, clothe and gift my children much better than before.
Being able to work with our limited budget I now feel more confident than ever.
Instead of dreading Christmas time I am now looking forward to spending the season with my kids. I cannot wait seeing their happy faces when they unwrap the presents on Christmas Day!
Here is what I want to share on Single Mom Big Heart
Single Mom Big Heart is my way of giving back to the community. I want to share all the knowledge that I have acquired while searching for the best products and essentials for my own family. With three kids in the house, there are always kids related products that we need to purchase to keep going. And besides, this website is now my way of adding some income to our small family budget.
As a single mom this is the best way for me to earn money while working from home. I am sure you can relate!
What I Do
- Help you understand exactly what to look for when buying new products for your kids.
- Help you learn the best and safest ways to use a product.
- Help you find good deals and save money by investing in quality that will stand the test of time.
What I Don’t Do
- Lure you into spending big on overpriced items.
- Convince you to spend money on things that you don’t need.
- Lie to you because a company wants me to say something I don’t personally believe in.
If you want to send me a message, feel free to do so by clicking here.
Editor of Single Mom Big Heart